Hamazaki Wong has partnered with zeitgeistAI to produce a first major study of its kind, Social Signals, to reveal the mood of Canadians and it’s decidedly negative and overwhelmingly so.
About Social Signals:
Time period: June 20 – October 23, 2022
Sources: Twitter Canada and Reddit Canada
Some highlights of Social Signals include:
- Canada: A vast majority of the commentary was not only negative (65%), but much of it very intensely so
- Government: Similar to the above, the bulk of the content analyzed was negative. Of note here was the repeated instances of that negativity being of the highest level on our intensity scale
- People: We’ve become a disunified mosaic. As the largest single topical area we detected, the bulk of the content analyzed was intensely negative. Even content that was determined to be neutral tended to skew towards the negative. We’re arguing about COVID, government, economy, money, and more
- Trudeau: The online commentary we analyzed was particularly notable in that we saw only negative measures — and in keeping with the general tenor of the overall study, much of it was determined to be of extremely negative intensity
- Indigenous Peoples: Within all the rancor and divisiveness Social Signals did see an interesting and positive detail worth noting and watching. There was a distinct reference to Indigenous People along with Canadians’ understanding of the history of our country and its impact upon these populations.
A COMPREHENSIVE ONLINE PRESENTATION OF SOCIAL SIGNALS IS BEING PREPARED. TO SIGN UP FOR THIS WEBINAR, PLEASE VISIT ZEITGEISTAI.COM.