Hamazaki Wong Marketing Group has partnered with Chinese-Panel to create Social Insights, an innovative market research practice that uses social media to gather market intelligence from the influential Chinese market in North America. A key feature of Social Insights is its panel of hard-to-reach Chinese community members who are reachable via Chinese social media and mobile, and not through traditional media and market research channels.
“The markets are changing — led by China’s economic impact in Canada— and we must evolve with them,” says Sonny Wong, president and creative director of Hamazaki Wong. “Social Insights is an example of our innovative thinking and ability to bring value-added services to clients.”
The impetus to create Social Insights was predicated on the following:
- Social media creep from China
- Social media and mobile savvy Chinese consumers
- The melding of marketing-communications disciplines and platforms
- The inefficiency and inability of traditional media to reach new, affluent Chinese residents
- A better and faster way to conduct market research using Chinese social media tools and capabilities not found in North American social media platforms.
Social Insights’ first research report presents a contrasting viewpoint on the BC teachers’ strike.
“We look forward to bringing new knowledge and insights from the Chinese community to the national conversation,” says Sonny Wong.
To learn more about Social Insights and Hamazaki Wong, and how we can make your marketing program more effective, please contact: